Filed under: Community, Events
Judges needed to volunteer for the 62nd Annual Baltimore Science Fair
The ASQ Baltimore Section has once again been invited to participate in the 62nd Annual Baltimore Science Fair (http://www.baltimoresciencefair.org) to be held at Towson University. As in past years, the Baltimore Section will provide volunteer judges and awards to students participating in the Baltimore Science Fair. The Section has been continuously supporting the Science Fair for over 20 years.
- Section members volunteer as independent judges for ASQ and earn Recertification Points.
- Judging takes place on Saturday, March 25th, at the Towson Union Building – Chesapeake Room. On Saturday, the commitment is from 8:30am until about 2pm (may continue until 4pm).
- The Awards Ceremony takes place on Sunday, March 26th at the Towson University Union Building – Potomac Room. Participation by judges is optional, but if you would like to assist in presenting the awards, the commitment is from 4:00pm until about 5:30pm.
- Judges from ASQ Baltimore will adjudicate the student exhibits for their use and understanding of statistical principles and statistical thinking and provide recognition awards.
- The Section will also recognize teams of students for effectively working together to solve their chosen problem.
- .Members interested in volunteering to be a Judge may contact the Science Fair Committee Chair, Josef Wonsever at 301-395-7664 or .
The Fair attracts winners of school and county-based science fairs from Maryland’s Baltimore Region. Students represent public and private schools and home schools. Students come from middle schools (Division 1) and high schools (Division 2) within Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, and Howard Counties and Baltimore City. The Fair is now operated by the non-profit Baltimore Science Fair Foundation and has numerous additional sponsors and independent judging organizations including the following: Towson University, Towson-Timonium Kiwanis Foundation, Baltimore and Howard County Public Schools, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Northrop Grumman Corporation,Fireform Systems Management, PNC Bank and T Rowe Price Foundation. The Baltimore Section of ASQ serves as both a contributing sponsor and an independent judging organization.
Winners from the Baltimore Science Fair will compete in the International Science & Engineering Fair to be held in LA, California in 2017.
This is a great way to give back to the local community (and to enjoy being impressed by some exceptionally bright students).
Quality Community – Science Fair Committee